Monday, March 18, 2013

Who is a Geek Gal?

Hello and welcome to my blog!  I am  an Instructional Technology Coach in Decatur Public Schools in Central Illinois. I am one of five coaches whose primary responsibility is to work in Elementary schools with teachers to increase engagement in classrooms through the use of technology. I am a geek gal.  As I learn more and more about tech in the classroom I realize that there is tons to learn and share.   The purpose of this blog is to share my experience from what I have read, learned, experienced, and share with the reader.
Since it is spring break I find myself with more time than usual this morning. I spent this time catching up on the blogs that I subscribe to and my twitter feed. It is so important as an educator to stay connected with educators around the area, country and world. Education is changing all the time.  What better way to stay up to date than reading what other people are thinking and doing.  I know that since I have gotten digitally connected, I am constantly thinking and reworking my idea of what the classroom should be.  I say all of this because you can be a Geek Gal, or Guy too.  I challenge you to read more on Twitter, create an account if you don't have one and search for people who interest you. If your not sure where to start, search for something that interests you and follow people who comment on that topic!
Thank you for reading my first blog, and keep checking back for more ideas and things I've discovered and learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment